Monday, Oct. 11

12:32 p.m. A four-hour search began after a crash in the 600 block of 17-1/4 Street, Dallas. The driver fled the scene, according to witnesses, crossing a field and running into some woods. The vehicle was towed to Ridgeland and held pending a statement from the driver. Sheriff’s deputies went to the home of the registered driver’s mother, but she told them he didn’t live there any longer and lived with a girlfriend in the Dallas area. Shortly before 3 p.m., a witness called and reported seeing the driver on a Dallas village street. A deputy found the driver and requested an ambulance, but the man was uncooperative and refused to be transported. He was picked up by his mother. There were no arrests. Responding to the incident were the Barron County Sheriff’s Department, the Barron-Maple Grove Fire Department, and Dallas Ambulance.

2:59 p.m. Cameron police were told that someone had removed two catalytic converters from trucks parked outside a business in the new Romsos Avenue industrial park in the village.

Tuesday, Oct. 12

2:53 a.m. Someone called 911 from the 1900 block of 16-1/2 Avenue, Cameron (Red Cedar Estates), to report kids knocking at their bedroom window and at the front door. A deputy responded but couldn’t find anyone.

6:58 a.m. A woman living in the 1100 block of West Main Street, Cameron, called 911 to report a neighbor knocked on her door about 6 a.m. The caller believed the visitor was intoxicated. She said the visitor reported having had some items stolen and was asking for a ride. Cameron police were notified.

10:23 a.m. A woman reported someone had shot a BB through her window in the 1900 block of 16-1/2 Avenue. She requested increased patrol in the area.

Wednesday, Oct. 13

5:33 a.m. A woman called from the 100 block of Arlington Avenue, Cameron, to report a man at her front door, trying to get inside, banging on the door and yelling profanities. The woman, who knew the intruder, said she would not let him in and that he had been there for two hours. A deputy arrived, made contact with the man, and gave him a preliminary breath test that registered 0.141. The man had an open misdemeanor case at the time, but the jail would not accept him on a bail jumping charge. He was sent on his way and was walking on CTH SS toward Rice Lake.

12:22 p.m. An alleged domestic quarrel was reported in downtown Cameron when a woman called 911 to say that her husband had followed her after she left their home during an argument. The suspect was out on bond at the time and was to have no abusive contact with the caller. Officers spent the rest of the day looking for the suspect both in Cameron and Barron. At 8:25 a.m. the next morning (Thursday, Oct. 14) a deputy found the defendant and took him to jail.

1:49 p.m. A loose dog was reported in the 200 block of Second Avenue North, Dallas. The dog got out when a deputy was serving papers on its owner. A resident living nearby agreed to go and catch the dog.

1:59 p.m. Someone reported vandalism to a dumpster in the 500 block of Second Street, Chetek.

Thursday, Oct. 14

3:29 p.m. Two mailboxes were reported damaged in the 1300 block of 19th Street, Cameron.

4:22 p.m. A caller said there was an injured hawk on the ground in the 700 block of 14-1/2 Street, Dallas. She was given the number for raptor rescue.

Friday, Oct. 15

2:13 a.m. Someone called from the 500 block of Stout Street, Chetek, to report a man pounding on his door. The caller knew the intruder but didn’t want to press charges. An officer found the intruder and took him to his mother’s home nearby.

11:44 a.m. A man was cited by a Chetek officer for possession of THC in the 100 block of Second Street.

4:08 p.m. An 11-year-old girl refused to go with her uncle who had come to pick her up in the 2600 block of Seventh Avenue, Chetek. The uncle had custody of the girl and was advised to speak with the Department of Health and Human Services.

8:48 p.m. A Cameron police officer mediated an hour-long dispute at a residence in the 200 block of Main Street, between a resident and a woman he was trying to get to leave the apartment.

Saturday, Oct. 16

12:27 p.m. A woman called 911 from the 2500 block of 8-1/4 Avenue, Chetek, to complain that she had to break up a fight between her granddaughter and a friend. When the two girls were physically separated, the second girl told the woman she was going to inform her parents that she had “laid hands on her.” The girls left. The woman said she wanted law enforcement to get her granddaughter to come back home. She was told this was not a law enforcement matter. And that if she had problems when she got to the other girl’s home, she should call 911.

12:56 p.m., A round hay bale was reported on fire in the 1900 block of 12-1/2 Avenue, Cameron. Dispatchers paged the Cameron Fire Department.

8:23 p.m. A woman told dispatchers she was following a white truck that had gone onto her brother’s property in the 2200 block of Sixth Avenue, Chetek. She said it was the second time this had happened. Dispatchers advised her not to follow the vehicle any further, and she got off Hwy. 53 at the rest stop. She said she would meet a deputy at her brother’s home.

Sunday, Oct. 17

1:31 a.m. A bartender in Chetek called to report a customer was asked to leave and had refused. A Chetek officer stood by until the customer’s ride got there.

5:05 p.m. A caller reported some youths were trying to steal a stop sign at the corner of CTH O and U, near Dallas. The caller said he stopped them from doing so. The Highway Department was notified. The caller gave an address on CTH O where the suspects could be contacted.

5:12 p.m. A suspect with a valid warrant was arrested after a traffic stop at 14th Avenue and Rudolph Road, Cameron. The vehicle was left off the roadway and the suspect was jailed.

9:16 p.m. Two Chetek officers were involved in a search for a missing woman that didn’t end until midday Monday, Oct. 18. The man who reported her missing asked that her phone be pinged, but the phone company refused to do so unless the missing person was in immediate danger. A missing person’s report was sent out to surrounding counties and the state of Minnesota. The woman eventually showed up at the complainant’s home and appeared to be fine, but a deputy said she was not very forthcoming about where she had been.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.