A suspect is at large and being sought by local authorities after a chase on Hwy. 8 reaching up to 125 miles per hour.
A man and a woman fled after a six-mile vehicle chase near Hillsdale Wednesday evening, Aug. 26. The woman was caught but police are still searching for the man and are asking for the public’s help in locating him, the Barron County Sheriff’s Office said.
A man arrested on a ninth drunk driving charge in Chetek could face up to 10 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $25,000, Barron County Circuit Court documents said.
A Chetek resident was issued three tickets and charged with his second drunk driving offense in connection with a July 8 traffic stop in a rural area south of Barron, according to county Circuit Court documents.
Attempted homicide charges against three men and one woman have been formally filed in Chippewa County Circuit Court. The charges follow a shooting that took place in Bloomer on July 13.
- Vehicle catches fire at Kwik Trip
- Debt-laden Atrium now in receivership
- Atrium said to be insolvent, facilities ordered into receivership
- Wisconsin home to small pockets of unique lizards called skinks
- Sheriff releases further information from Sept. 13 crash
- Serious crash closes Hwy. 8 west of Barron
- Sterling Bank recognizes pair of employees for 75 years of service
- A dream come true as Kroeze auditions for ‘The Voice’ on NBC
- Barron County Courthouse News - Sept. 12, 2018
- Neighborhood Watch tips led to drug bust