Stories for the week of August 4, 2021.
Residents of the town of Rusk gathered on Friday, July 30, to dedicate and raise a new flag on a new flagpole at the Town of Rusk Town Hall. Town of Rusk resident Ann Zimmerman said the flagpole was very rusty and had started leaning quite a bit. She asked the town board to replace the pole,…
Two culverts north of the Hwy. 25 and CTH D intersection south of Barron and near Hillsdale, will be replaced, along with the pavement and pavement markings above them.
This postcard, from the 1930s, shows Chetek’s Second Street (or Main Street), looking north across the Knapp Street intersection. At left is the former Chetek State Bank building, later Ben Franklin, and today, Off “R” Rockers. At right is a former drugstore, now Time & Again Antique Mal…
Erin Rebecca Kennedy and Jason Michael Widloe were married on Sunday, Aug. 1, 2021, at the Annis family cabin on Annis Point on Prairie Lake. The ceremony was officiated by Margaret Kennedy.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has issued an air quality advisory through midday Wednesday, Aug. 4, for northern Wisconsin, including the counties of Barorn, Rusk, Chippewa and Dunn.
The county’s public health department reported Monday, Aug. 3, that 24 new cases were reported in the previous week, up from five cases last week and four the week before that.
Local Legal Notices
- Jet skis collide, resulting in serious leg injury for woman
- Vintage 1937 Cadillac damaged in two-car crash, July 27
- Elizabeth F. Mares
- Wanda Mae (Lenbom) Dahlberg
- New owners at B and B; bar opens Aug. 6
- Barron County Courthouse News – July 28, 2021
- Hole-in-one on No. 9 for Chambers
- Chetek Police investigating theft of 14 catalytic converters
- Donald G. Sumich
- Barron County Dispatch Log, Chetek-Area Calls – July 28, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.