Rice Lake Fire Department extinguished two garage fires at 1869 18-1/2 Avenue in rural Rice Lake early Thursday, Feb. 18.
Winter Fest is Saturday, Feb. 27, with action on the ice of Lake Chetek from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. A preparty will be held at Red’s on Friday, Feb. 26, and an awards banquet will be held at Pokegama Lakeside Cantina at 6 p.m. on Feb. 27.
This February, Chetek Cafe owner Norbert Wojke marked 12 years in Chetek, serving authentic German fare to customers. He started his butchering business in 2003, after moving to the U.S. from Germany in 2002, later purchasing the Chetek Cafe restaurant in 2009, and later moving the business …
As COVID-19 slows down and as more people get vaccinated, Barron Spotlighters is planning their first live theatre event in nearly a year. The farce, “Noises Off” will be running Fridays through Sundays, April 16–18, and April 23–25, at the Barron Area Community Center. The theatre is large …
A ski jumper launches off the Cameron ski jump on Boortz Slough on the north end of Prairie Lake. The date of the photo is not known, nor is the name of the ski jumper. The photo was submitted by Tom Daggett.
Charter Bank in Chetek donated $500 to the Chetek Food Shelf’s backpack program, which provides meals to schoolchildren over the weekend. Pictured above, left to right, are Sue Millard, with the food shelf, and Rick Meskers, president of Chetek’s Charter Bank.
- New vaccination clinic coming to Barron County; weekly cases dropping
- Chetek Cafe owners, staff mark 12 years, don new uniforms
- Find the fastest sleds at Winter Fest
- Chetek man’s license revoked for life for fifth OWI conviction
- Marilyne Mackowiak
- Three hurt in truck, buggy crash, Feb. 18
- Steven M. Peterson
- Three child sexual assault charges filed against Chetek man
- Barron County Sheriff's Dept. Dispatch Center - Feb. 24, 2021
- Missing Cumberland man found deceased