Three people were injured, one critically, after a pickup truck rear-ended a passenger car shortly before 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13, on Hwy. 8 near Eighth Street in the town of Clinton, according to an announcement released at 9 p.m. Thursday by Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald. Read more
A three-mile segment of Hwy. 8 was closed for much of a three-hour period earlier today, Thursday, Sept. 13, after a crash involving at least one vehicle, according to Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald and a local witnesses.
A Conrath man charged with 31 counts related to the fatal shooting of a Rusk County sheriff’s deputy almost two years ago appeared in court on Friday, Aug. 24, for a final hearing before the start of his trial next month.
A Hawkins man was killed Sunday night, Aug. 12, during an incident with Rusk County sheriff’s deputies. The shooting occurred in the village at 423 Factory St.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI), at the request of the Rusk County Sheriff’s Office, has been investigating an officer-involved death (OID) that took place the evening of Aug. 12, 2018, at a residence in the village of Hawkins.
A 75-year-old woman from Iowa has died, following a two-vehicle crash on Hwy. 53 at the intersection of 26th Street, north of Rice Lake, on Thursday evening, Aug. 9, according to the Barron County Sheriff’s Department.
Barron County Public Health reports a horse in Barron County tested positive for West Nile virus on July 20. The Wisconsin Dept. of Ag, Trade and Consumer Protection reported the positive test result to the Wisconsin Division of Public Health.
Barron County is considering the idea of using government grants to buy the former Dallas Care & Rehab building, convert it into a halfway house for recovering substance abusers, and have a skilled nonprofit organization to staff and run the facility.
- Vehicle catches fire at Kwik Trip
- Debt-laden Atrium now in receivership
- Atrium said to be insolvent, facilities ordered into receivership
- Wisconsin home to small pockets of unique lizards called skinks
- Sheriff releases further information from Sept. 13 crash
- Serious crash closes Hwy. 8 west of Barron
- Sterling Bank recognizes pair of employees for 75 years of service
- A dream come true as Kroeze auditions for ‘The Voice’ on NBC
- Barron County Courthouse News - Sept. 12, 2018
- Neighborhood Watch tips led to drug bust