There will be no criminal charges filed against a Rusk County sheriff’s deputy who was involved in an officer-involved shooting fatality while responding to a domestic incident call in the village of Hawkins nearly two months ago.
U.S. Senator Ron Johnson, R-Wis., will not be attending the Meth 101 town hall meeting at the Rice Lake Public Library on Saturday, Oct. 6, confirmed his office on Friday, Oct. 5.
Turtle Lake resident Deborah Marcellus, 64, who admitted stealing nearly $823,000 from the congregation of Barron County’s largest Roman Catholic congregation earlier this year, was sentenced to three years in prison Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018, in U.S. District Court in Madison.
Four people in Northwest Wisconsin were arrested Sept. 22, including a Rice Lake man who allegedly had $5,000 worth of meth in his vehicle, said the Barron County Sheriff’s Department in a press release on Friday, Sept. 28.
Explore the Ice Age Trail at its colorful best on Saturday morning, Oct. 6, at the “Parade of Colors Fall Hike” at the Chippewa Moraine Ice Age Reserve near New Auburn.
Opening arguments were presented Tuesday, Sept. 18, in the trial against a Conrath man charged with 31 counts in the shooting death of a Rusk County sheriff’s deputy almost two years ago.
Three people were injured, one critically, after a pickup truck rear-ended a passenger car shortly before 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13, on Hwy. 8 near Eighth Street in the town of Clinton, according to an announcement released at 9 p.m. Thursday by Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald.
- Chetek man injured in crash of vintage Ford
- Marvin P. Ziarnik
- Walleyes for Chetek adds 15,000 healthy fish to Chetek Chain
- Semi truck collides with vehicle on Hwy. 53; four escape injury
- Barron County Courthouse News - Oct. 10, 2018
- New owners at Affordable Ravenswood Resort
- New Auburn man charged for date-night domestic fight
- Serena J. Tahtinen
- Grab a free newspaper for National Newspaper Week
- School board to consider school resource officer