A motorcycle is loaded onto a trailer Saturday after a crash with a vehicle on Hwy. 8 at the intersection with Nachtwey Road, west of Bruce. According to the Rusk County Sheriff’s Department, a vehicle driven by David Dusell, 23, of Ladysmith, was westbound on Hwy. 8 and pulled onto Natchwey Road to make a U-turn to head back eastbound on the highway. Dusell did not see the motorcyclist, Trey Houghtaling, 33, of Merrill, while making the U-turn, pulling in front of the motorcycle where the vehicles collided. Houghtaling was described as alert and conscious prior to being airlifted to an Eau Claire hospital. The crash was reported by 911 at 1:21 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 26. The rider was not participating in the Honor the Fallen ride being held the same day. The Rusk County Sheriff’s Department, Bruce Fire Department, Weyerhaeuser First Responders and Rusk County Ambulance Service responded.
- Charles Schaaf Jr.
- Pattern for success: local bow hunter arrows early-season buck
- Couple ejected, injured in Hwy. 53 crash
- Two separate crashes near Chetek this week
- Barron County Sheriff's Dept. Dispatch Center - Oct. 21, 2020
- Possible COVID-19 exposures in Cameron, Barron, Haugen
- Barbara J. Geborek
- Barron County sheriff creates diversity team in wake of Embrace controversy
- County ATV trails likely closing soon
- Barron County Courthouse News - Oct. 21, 2020
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.