Thirty trees from Colonial Nursery in Ladysmith were being planted at Phillips Park on City Park Drive this week. A severe storm in July 2019, damaged large trees in the park and the old pines along Lakeview Drive had to be removed. Pictured above, Colonial Nursery owner Cliff Taylor, at left, and Geoff Zimmer, at right, dig a hole to plant a flowering crab tree on Monday, May 11. There will be a mix planted along the road and throughout the park to provide shade for picnic areas. Red oak, linden, lilac, white birch, river birch, honey locust and spruce trees would be planted. They were paid for by the city of Chetek through a Department of Natural Resources grant, Taylor said.
- Antczak Angus opens on Knapp Street
- Two fights on Saturday night
- John S. Nesseth
- New cases, first hospitalization of COVID-19 in Barron County
- James O. Fults
- Beulah A. Pfaff
- Motorcyclist crashes into ditch on 19th Street near Cameron
- Audrey Smith
- Brew Pub Pizza donates to Tavern League fund at FostBites
- Two men charged for Chetek-area burglary spree
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.