In this undated photo is the Chetek railroad depot, which once stood at the corner of Fourth and Douglas streets. It was built in 1914, replacing an older, wooden depot. The building was removed in 1964, after passenger train service stopped in 1962. Trains of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railroad first reached Chetek 137 years ago, on July 4, 1882.
To submit a photo for Picture from the Past, bring it into the office, send to P.O. Box 5, Chetek, WI 54728, or email a scanned image and information to email@example.com. Photos are not harmed and can be returned in the mail.