The Calhoun Memorial Library has brochures available on how people may apply for heating assistance.
Pictured are Nichole Stadler and Ricky Smith, of Eau Claire, with their dog, Arlo, who took first place in the Dallas Oktoberfest wiener dog race on Saturday, Oct. 6. Arlo had gotten second place last year, but returned this year to win, earning $50, a dog costume and a trophy.
New Auburn High School FFA alumni invite the public to attend the New Auburn FFA Alumni Tailgate Party, with serving from 4:30–7 p.m. on the south side of the school on Friday, Oct. 5.
Now in its ninth year, the Fall Splendor Art Meander is a self-guided tour through the communities of Chetek, Cumberland, Rice Lake, Sarona, Turtle Lake, Clayton, Dallas, Shell Lake, Barronett and Spooner to visit some of the finest art studios and galleries in Northwest Wisconsin.
The Chetek Area Book Club will hold a discussion of the 2017 National Book Award finalist and New York Times best seller, “Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI,” written by journalist David Grann, staff writer at The New Yorker.
- Chetek man injured in crash of vintage Ford
- Marvin P. Ziarnik
- Walleyes for Chetek adds 15,000 healthy fish to Chetek Chain
- Semi truck collides with vehicle on Hwy. 53; four escape injury
- Barron County Courthouse News - Oct. 10, 2018
- New owners at Affordable Ravenswood Resort
- New Auburn man charged for date-night domestic fight
- Serena J. Tahtinen
- Grab a free newspaper for National Newspaper Week
- School board to consider school resource officer