Camerama Days begins the 2022 festival season for the area with fun for every age group. The festival will begin Friday, June 3, at Sportsman’s Park and ends Sunday, June 5. The festival schedule is as follows:
FRIDAY, June 3
• Cameron American Legion National Anthem to occur 15 minutes prior to the start time for the men’s slow-pitch tournament.
• Men’s slow-pitch tournament begins on Friday. The number of teams will determine the schedule. According to Denise Paddock, there are already 16 teams signed up to play this year. “This is the most teams we have had in a long time.” Call Derek at 715-205-4205 for more information or to sign up a team.
• Registration for Haley’s Comet 1 m, 5k & 10k Run from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Cameron Elementary.
• Live music will be provided by DJ Wookiemonsta from 8 p.m. to midnight at the venue. The Cameron Civic Club will be providing concessions. Sportsman’s Park is on Spruce Avenue.
SATURDAY, JUNE 4
• Haley’s Comet 1-mile fun run, 5K walk/run and 10K registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. until 8 a.m. The first race will start at 8:45 a.m. at the Cameron Elementary School. Visit http://www.haleyscometrun.com for info. There will not be a Friday evening expo.
• Men’s slow-pitch tournament continues.
• A craft show at Sportsman’s Park will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost for vendors is $25. Contact Denise at 715-205-4271 to reserve a vendor spot. Denise Paddock, the event coordinator, said there will be at least 10 vendors for people to shop.
• Kids’ water fights will begin registration at 10:30 a.m. and will start by 11:30 a.m. “The kids love the water fight provided by the Cameron Fire Department,” said Denise Paddock, the event coordinator. “The kids get to handle the fire hoses, and they have an absolute blast.”
• A bean bag tournament will be at 1 p.m. at Sportsman’s Park. Registration is at 12 p.m.
• A Backyard BBQ Cook Off will begin judging at 2 p.m. with the award presentation at 3 p.m.
• Free live music provided by Everroad and concessions at Sportsman’s Park from 8 p.m. to midnight.
SUNDAY, JUNE 5
• Men’s slow-pitch tournament continues and concludes.
• L’Cars will have an open house beginning at 9 a.m. and will conclude by 2 p.m.
• The Camerama horse pull and a grilled chicken dinner at the Cameron Fire Hall. The dinner starts at 11 a.m. The pull starts at 1 p.m.
• Camerama Parade: Registration starts at 10:30 a.m. and the parade begins at 11:45 a.m. Contact Cara at 715-458-2513 or register at the Cameron bus garage on South Limits Avenue on the day of the parade.
Businesses sponsoring Camerama Days 2022 include L’Cars, SmithCo West, Black Marx LLC, Kwik Trip, Cameron House, BP Cameron, Cameron Laundromat (Deb Frankenburg), Buck N Beams, Cameron Chronicles, S & R Towing and Buzzy Signs & Graphix. Sponsor volunteers for the event include St. Peters National Catholic Youth Conference Group, Cameron Grid Iron, Cameron House and the Cameron Fire Department.
For information about Camerama events, visit Facebook and search “Cameron Civic Club,” email email@example.com or call Denise at 715-205-4271.