Sather_Dental_fire

Rice Lake Fire Department’s aerial ladder truck sprays water from its high vantage point during a fire at Sather Family Dental and In Step Dance Studio, in Chetek, on Friday evening, Jan. 3. 

Five fire departments from Chetek, New Auburn, Cameron Barron and Rice Lake dumped a quarter of a million gallons of water on a fire at Sather Family Dental and In Step Dance Studio, at 118 Douglas St., Chetek, on Friday evening, Jan. 3.

The blaze was reported by a 911 call at 8:40 p.m.

Chetek Fire Chief Ryan Olson noted that when firefighters first arrived on scene, it appeared the fire had started in the front of the building, possibly between the new addition being built and the existing structure, but it was hard to tell.

The new addition was framed in and was ready for drywall, said Dr. Nik Sather, owner of Sather Family Dental and the building. Learning of the fire, Sather rushed to the business, arriving as firefighters did, finding the building ablaze.

Firefighters went in the back an removed tanks of nitrous oxide—laughing gas—from the building.

No injuries were reported and nearby businesses were not damaged.

Barron and Cameron sent tankers and Rice Lake sent an aerial ladder truck. Fire fighters were there past 1 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 4.

Olson said it was difficult to hit all the hot spots inside because of how the building was situated.

The building appeared to be a complete loss.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.