A pontoon couldn’t quite bridge over troubled water, and likely gave its occupants a shake, rattle and roll as it crashed astride a small island on Prairie Lake, northwest of the Long Bridge in Chetek around 11 p.m. on Saturday, June 11. The pontoon was safely removed from the island on Sunday. All four occupants were uninjured in the accident, but needed help getting off the island. They surely will not forget such a night. The Chetek Police Department and Chetek Fire Department assisted. The driver of the pontoon was cited for operating a boat while intoxicated.
Local Legal Notices
- Chetek all ready to have a booming time at Liberty Fest
- Teresa Mae (Clemmens) Meza
- Weekly winner of fishing photo contest
- Christie Mountain owners seek land deal Business owners mull expansion; special meeting June 29
- CLPA builds new sign at info booth
- Malvin M. Robinson
- Thalacker family wins weekly contest with walleye
- Anderson, Lund chosen as parade grand marshals
- Bruce A. Doane
- Boaters all shook up after pontoon lands on island
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.