A new sidewalk was poured along Hwy. 8/CTH SS last week, but there was one problem—a road sign was in the way. The sidewalk was poured around the sign and traffic barrels were later put around the obstruction. Area residents took note of the apparent bungle, shown above as of Monday, Nov. 9, and photos of it were shared widely on social media. The road sign belongs to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and was there before the sidewalk was poured, noted Christina O’Brien with the DOT. As of Tuesday, Nov. 10, the sign had been removed; the hole in the sidewalk will be filled in, O’Brien said. ”Before the end of the year, a newer sign—a bit smaller than the previous one—will be installed,” she added.
- Barron County Sheriff's Dept. Dispatch Center - Nov. 25, 2020
- Raymond Selkow Sr.
- Chevy SUV rear ends gravity box wagon on CTH SS on Nov. 19
- Vel Roy H. Wollin
- Gene L. Green
- Arrests made in connection to bones found near Barron
- Sheriff’s deputies looking to speak with local man
- Ardella M. Sessions
- Face mask order extended to January 2021
- Reliving Wisconsin’s famous “Seeley Buck” 100 years later