I’m certain this is not going to be a popular opinion:
A month ago, I predicted that Gordy’s Markets would turn things around and remain in Chetek. Then the bankruptcy auction and sales were announced, along with a notice that there might be layoffs down the road. It appeared that I would have to eat crow—a lot of it.
A few months ago, a special education teacher from one of the schools in the county told me that many of the students she teaches are the children of parents who were the first to get caught up in the meth epidemic years ago. She said, for those children, who face unique challenges, school c…
All Wisconsin citizens in favor of open government and the public’s right to know are about to get a one-two punch in the jaw from the sponsors of legislation now working its way through the legislature in Madison. The first comes from language included in the governor’s budget bill. The sec…
A lot of words could be used to sum up 2016—perhaps some more colorful than others—but as this year comes a close, it’s fun to consider, what should the Word of the Year be? After all, Time magazine has a Person of the Year (President-elect Donald Trump), why can’t we have a Word of the Year…
When County Supervisor Ken Jost, at the last county supervisors meeting, suggested the county government earmark some of its funds for easing the affordable housing shortage and the related labor shortage, he was quickly shot down, but for all the wrong reasons.
- At least seven fire departments respond to three Saturday morning blazes
- Tip from employer results in arrest of kicking suspect
- Barron County Sheriff's Dept. Dispatch Center - Feb. 19, 2020
- Ridgeland woman scheduled for Dunn court appearance
- Julie A. Jari
- K-9 nabs hiding woman; man arrested too
- Inmate spotted in Chetek while en route to Eau Claire
- Child porn charge dismissed against Minnesota man
- Make fast tracks to Winter Fest on the lake
- Former Chetek man gets six months after guilty pleas
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.