The Chetek-Weyerhaeuser Area School District has asked the CPD and the BCSD for proposals to hire a school resource officer at the school. This officer would interact with students on a daily basis, as well as offer an extra level of safety and security for the school.
The Chetek Police Department is restarting the city’s Neighborhood Watch program and a meeting was held Monday, Aug. 13. The program asks residents to report any suspicious activity, but to not directly intervene.
The median price of homes sold in Barron County from January through June was $146,500, according to data from the Wisconsin Realtors Association.
The Barron County Fair was held July 18–22. Other area fairs include the Polk County Fair on July 26–29, the Washburn County Fair on July 26–29 and the Rusk County Junior Fair on Aug. 9–12. What is your favorite thing at the fair?
- Vehicle catches fire at Kwik Trip
- Debt-laden Atrium now in receivership
- Atrium said to be insolvent, facilities ordered into receivership
- Wisconsin home to small pockets of unique lizards called skinks
- Sheriff releases further information from Sept. 13 crash
- Serious crash closes Hwy. 8 west of Barron
- Sterling Bank recognizes pair of employees for 75 years of service
- A dream come true as Kroeze auditions for ‘The Voice’ on NBC
- Barron County Courthouse News - Sept. 12, 2018
- Neighborhood Watch tips led to drug bust