The Chetek Alert is a weekly newspaper published in Chetek, Wisconsin, a city of 2000 residents located in southeastern Barron County, which has a total county population of 43,308.
The Alert has been published continuously since its beginning in September 1882, making it the oldest business operating under the same name in the city. Jim Bell has owned The Chetek Alert since June 2011.
- Chetek man injured in crash of vintage Ford
- Marvin P. Ziarnik
- Walleyes for Chetek adds 15,000 healthy fish to Chetek Chain
- Semi truck collides with vehicle on Hwy. 53; four escape injury
- Barron County Courthouse News - Oct. 10, 2018
- New owners at Affordable Ravenswood Resort
- New Auburn man charged for date-night domestic fight
- Serena J. Tahtinen
- Grab a free newspaper for National Newspaper Week
- School board to consider school resource officer