Although summer is in full swing, the Chetek-Weyerhaeuser volleyball team was hard at work last week with a volleyball camp, run by Theresa Beeckman of Michigan and C-W head coach Heather Bohl. “Theresa has been coming from Michigan to Chetek for our summer volleyball camps for five years now, with last year being the only year she was unable to attend (COVID-19). In each session, the girls experienced a good mix of skill development and team building activities. The main focus of our camp, besides improving volleyball skills and knowledge, is to maintain a positive culture in our program, leadership development, and learn how to build and maintain trust with our teammates,” Bohl said. Twenty-five high school girls (grades 9–12) attended the volleyball camp, most of them are pictured above. There were 23 youth in grades 5–8 who participated in the camp—grades 5–7 are pictured below, middle, while grades 8–9 are pictured below, bottom. Contact days for the high school volleyball team are next week on Tuesday, July 27, Thursday, July 29, and Friday, July 30. The first practice for C-W’s high school team is Monday, Aug. 16.
Local Legal Notices
- Jet skis collide, resulting in serious leg injury for woman
- Vintage 1937 Cadillac damaged in two-car crash, July 27
- Elizabeth F. Mares
- Wanda Mae (Lenbom) Dahlberg
- Barron County Courthouse News – July 28, 2021
- New owners at B and B; bar opens Aug. 6
- Hole-in-one on No. 9 for Chambers
- Donald G. Sumich
- Chetek Police investigating theft of 14 catalytic converters
- Barron County Dispatch Log, Chetek-Area Calls – July 28, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.