Madison Haas, Emma Sather and Madeleine Schofield, all 2021 Chetek-Weyerhaeuser seniors, played in the Wisconsin Fastpitch Softball Coaches Association’s 26th annual Wisconsin High School Girls All-Star Softball Series on July 13 at Woodside Sports Complex in Wisconsin Dells. All 209 senior all-stars were required to collect $200 worth of sponsorships and donations; proceeds benefit the Special Olympics of Wisconsin. The Lady Bulldogs trio played for the Division 4/5 Green Team, who lost their first game 14-4 to the Division 4/5 Gray squad. In their second game of the day, the girls’ team lost 5-4 in extra innings to the Division 4/5 Black team. Schofield played first base in both games, while Haas played shortstop primarily in both games and center field in the second game (was 3-3 at the plate in the first game). Sather pitched in the first game and played third base in the second contest. It was the final high school softball game for the C-W graduates, although Sather will continue her softball career at the collegiate level in fall at the College of St. Scholastica, a private Benedictine college in Duluth, Minn.
Local Legal Notices
- Jet skis collide, resulting in serious leg injury for woman
- Vintage 1937 Cadillac damaged in two-car crash, July 27
- Elizabeth F. Mares
- Wanda Mae (Lenbom) Dahlberg
- New owners at B and B; bar opens Aug. 6
- Barron County Courthouse News – July 28, 2021
- Donald G. Sumich
- Chetek Police investigating theft of 14 catalytic converters
- Hole-in-one on No. 9 for Chambers
- Barron County Dispatch Log, Chetek-Area Calls – July 28, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.