Life jackets are now available at no cost for anyone recreating on the Chetek Chain of Lakes, thanks to the Chetek Lions Club. The Lions Club’s life jacket loaner station, located at the Lake Chetek airport boat landing (Hydroflites boat landing), will be opening for the season in conjunction with the Wisconsin fishing opener this Saturday, May 1. The life jackets at the station are available for public use to those boating on the Chetek Chain of Lakes and range in sizes from infant to oversize adult. All life jackets should be returned to the station after use so they are available for others. For more information, contact Mike Kelly at 715-237-2040. Pictured, from left to right, are Chetek Lions Club members Ken LaFaive, Mike Kelly and Mark Carpentier.
- Motorcycle crash on Hwy. 53 kills one, injures another, May 12
- Two killed in semi versus car crash in Chippewa County
- Names released from motorcycle crash
- Fatal rollover on Hwy. 8 near Weyerhaeuser
- Nathaniel S. Bull
- Mara A. Hoffner
- Fatal head-on collision on CTH SS south of Cameron
- Fatal head-on crash near Cameron on May 8
- Chetek man arrested after six-hour standoff
- Submit photos for Catch-and-Release Fishing Photo Contest
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.