Jerry Asselin (right), of Chetek, had one of his luckiest fishing outings in recent memory as the longtime Chetek Chain of Lakes angler reeled in tagged bluegill worth $500— the first big money fish of the 2021 Fish-O-Rama Contest. Asselin was fishing Pokegama Lake with a bobber and earth worm, when he reeled in the 9-inch bluegill and noticed it had chartreuse Fish-O-Rama tag attached to its dorsal fin. Asselin stated that he has caught a few small-dollar tagged fish in the past but this was his first big pay day from the contest he participates in each year. The fish was sponsored by Oak Grove Resort, of Chetek, with owner Gary Thurston (left) present to award the $500 check to Asselin.
- Man arrested after posting disturbing video, going to school
- Fabulous food, friendly faces, fun times at Taste of Chetek
- Five injured, one child airlifted after crash at CTH D, Hwy. 25
- Sheriff injured in foot chase, suspect charged with OWI
- Taste of Chetek will be held Monday, June 7
- Picture from the Past – June 9, 2021
- Camerama festivities held during a hot weekend
- Improvements at Chetek dam considered by Barron County
- Kathleen Rae Hofstede
- First $500 tagged fish of 2021 caught
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.