The eighth annual Ladysmith Lions Club will present Fun on the Frozen Flambeau over two days, Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 16–17.
Events both days will be headquartered at the Take a Kid Fishing site at the end of Leonhard Lane.
The grand prize is a $2,000 shopping spree at Ladysmith ACE Home Center. Tickets are $15 each or three for $30. Winners must have a signed ticket to collect any prize.
There will be food, beverages and raffles.
All net proceeds will go to recreational improvements on and around the Dairyland Reservoir, an impoundment of the Flambeau River and other Lion’s Club programs.
The fishing contest will be held on Sunday, Feb. 17, with five fish categories, including walleye, northern, perch, bluegill and crappie. The winning fish category will be determined by a spin of the wheel. The wheel spin category grand prize is $1,000 for the largest and $200 for second. Prizes in each of the remaining four categories are $250 for the largest and $50 for second. There will also be prizes awarded randomly to registered fish.
Saturday, Feb. 16
• 10 a.m.: snow sculpting contest open competition. Bring your own tools to participate.
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: free face painting in the TeePee.
• 11 a.m.: model airplane show and demonstration including an aerial drone.
• 1–3 p.m.: lawn mower and bar stool races on the ice.
• 2–5 p.m.: beanbag tournament with cash prizes.
• 6–10 p.m.: the variety band, The Lincoln Boys, will perform with beverages, dancing and fun. Enter the Show Your Fur contest; judging will follow.
Sunday, Feb. 17
• 7–10 a.m.: Knights of Columbus pancake breakfast in the heated tent.
• 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: main raffle drawings from back of ticket and other raffle winners.
• 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: youth fishing sponsored by the Wildlife Restoration Association. All youngsters less than 16 years old who are present on the ice and in possession of a fishing contest ticket in their name will receive a free gift from the WRA, with assistance from Flambeau Bassmasters. Prizes will be awarded throughout the day.
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: the 4-H leaders will sponsor a putting contest.
• 2:30–3 p.m.: a drawing for a power ice auger will be held. Be sure to bring, in person, your 2018 Lions Club fishing contest ticket to enter the free “Thank You for Coming Again” raffle. Remember to save this year’s ticket for next year’s drawing. Fish prize winners and bucket raffle winners also will be announced.